The Plan for the 2013 tour is to follow the Sustrans route 4 back from Bristol to home. Having followed the route 1 from London to Dover last year I know it won't necessarily be direct and I'm bound to miss a sign or two but a lot of it follows the Kennet and Avon canal and also includes the famous Bristol to Bath ex railway path which was of course the first Sustrans path of its kind.
To get to Bristol involves the metropolitan line to Baker Street (after 09:30) with the bike and then the short ride to Paddington where I am booked on a train with a cycle reservation to Bristol Temple Meads Station.
Day 1 of cycling is then Bristol (north) to Devizes all Sustrans route 4.
Day 2 of cycling is Devizes to Maidenhead again all route 4.
And finally Maidenhead to Windsor on route 4 and then change to route 6 up to Rickmansworth and home......as easy as that!
No comments:
Post a Comment